CLASSROOM Texas Hunter Education Course
Single Day – Structured 6+ hour course
This course is recommended for youth (ages 9 & up) and persons new to hunting. Attend a fully structured classroom course with hands-on training including a hunting skills trail & a live-fire exercise. All class material is provided and each subject is covered in-depth.
Benefits of the Classroom Course:
- Learn Hunter Education directly from a TPWD Certified Hunter Education Instructor.
- Course focus highlights safety, responsibility, ethics, laws, conservation & survival skills.
- Ask questions directly to your instructor.
- Hands-on exercises designed to lay the foundation for proper safe gun handling skills.
- Participate in a hunter ‘skills trail’ designed with wildlife decoys & props aimed at making hunters ‘think’ about the safety of each shot, shoot/don’t shoot scenarios, the laws/ethics of the shot & hunting strategies to consider.
- Participate in a live-fire component aimed at making sure each hunter knows the basics of safe gun handling and shooting skills, muzzle control, safety mechanisms, loading, aiming at & hitting a target.
To reserve & confirm a spot immediately for a Classroom Hunter Education Course offered through TPWD and/or TexasHunterEd:
- Look at the schedule of classes on the calendar here.
- Click on the class date you want to attend
- Submit Required Student Information
- Pay the $15 class fee then show up!
You will receive an email confirming your enrollment, directions on where to go, instructions on what to bring & important class details. Also, you will be able to email or contact your instructor by phone.
See Schedule of Classroom Courses
What to expect on class day.
- Show up on-time!
- Attend & participate in all class activities.
- Take the written exam & get at least 75%.
- Demonstrate proper attitude, skills & knowledge.
- Receive a temporary certification card.
- Print you Final HE Card from TPWD in ~72 hours.
To view or sign-up for a Classroom Course using Texas Parks & Wildlife’s complete list of state-wide classes click here & follow the instructions.